Thursday

There is Some Blue Sky, Let Us Chase It!

So the last couple of days have been pretty gloomy weather, so we haven't gotten too far in our site seeing!

But today was different. We woke up to the sunshine peeking out of the clouds and decided we better get out and chase it!

We started our day out with a tubbers, Joey and her baby, Ella in thier "hats". Joey all morning chased me around saying, "mama, Hat! baby, baby hat, Mama!!" She calls her towel a hat, and the baby had to have one too. She is really good at putting three words together. Usually one of the words is either mama, dada, or jojo, baby or abby.




We got on the train and I hadn't quite decided where we were going until a mom and her two girls got on and started talking about how fun the Natural History Museum was, aso I decided we should go there!
We made it to the amazing building, pulled Joey out of the stroller only to find her soaking wet! So off we went to Harrods! It was conveniently located just down the street!
But don't worry I didn't actually waste my Harrods money on an emergency outfit. Instead walking down Knightsbridge there was a charity shope where I got Joey an outfit and a dress for 10 pounds. And they are both super cute!



I did however buy Joey this apron from Harrods. It is super cute and plastic. Perfect for when she plays in the kitchen sink and "helps" me cook!


My new favorite store! I spent an hour just walking around the first floor. And don't think I saw everything... I will certainly be returning soon! I loved it!




The museum! It is this huge building! and free to boot! Joey had a great time and so did I. It wasn't even that crowded!



The dinosaur exhibit was awesome! Joey was a little nervous at first but then got in to it. Until the end where they made a life size 3-d model of a T-rex that roars and everything. She cried!






Jojo being a monkey! She even makes the noise. It is pretty funny!





the mammals room. There was a HUGE whale suspended from the ceiling, Joey walked in and let out a big Whoa! It was pretty cool!




My little poser! I didn't even tell her to do this, we were walking up the steps and I pulled out the camera and she automatically sat down and said cheese! I love that little face!





This is a view from the top level. The statue is of Darwin. He certainly wasn't that popular when he was alive! But seriously the building is amazing and it is just a free museum. I love England!





And after a long day of shopping and sightseeing what could be better than sitting up on the couch with baby Ella and Abby (she named them both all on her own, the baby after her cousin Elliot, but she can't pronounce it so she calls him Ella and her cousin Abby, who now every girl around that same age she sees, she yells Abby! Hi!) and watching Elmo! Oh what a day!

9 comments:

team howey said...

All in all, a very full day. Making up for the few days of long naps, I suppose. Oh, and don't forget to 'mind the gap'.

Tia and Cam said...

found ya! :) your pictures are amazing. i am excited to show cam. looks like yall are havin some fun!

Mommy McD said...

Sounds like you guys are having a blast!
If you guys are still coming to the DC area you'll be glad to know that the museums, zoos and aquariums are free here also! (Well, any of them that say "national" or "Smithsonian". The boys and I make trips of it during the week all the time and have a pretty rockin' time.

Tommy and Teisha said...

Fun~ I like that you just went out and winged it. Tommy and I bought a place in Lehi-- we haven't moved in yet because it is not finished but we should be moving in the first of July. Sorry-- I wasn't trying to keep you out of the loop!

Dani said...

I love seeing all the places you go! I don't even need to go there now because you take awesome pictures and are seeing everything! Sounds like you guys are having a blast! Oh and my sister LOVED Italy (besides the very forward boys that hit on them everyday)! She didn't want to come home. Back to Logan she goes!

kh said...

Don't you love Harrods? There's really no where quite like it. I remember thinking "Whoa, Harrods has groceries/food?!"

Have you been to Selfridges' yet? Kim took me there. I remember loving their wrappings (boxes, wrapping paper) and paper products. (Imagine that?) The presentation of everything was fantastic. Different than Harrods, but still so different from anything in America.

dhammatt said...

Thank heavens forElmo! I decided that your photos with the drawing effect (on Eryn's blog) remind me of the children's book Madeline and would make a great children's book - think about it!

Tyler and Emily said...

Oh I miss you guys!! I'm glad the boys got to go to Wimbledon. I hope Kev took pictues, because Ty didn't even bring a camera!! Give the Queen my love while I'm away...

Chelsea said...

how fun!!!! and she seems like she is being so good for you!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed