Thursday

Kensington, a little homesick and The Eye!

Joey and I set out to find Kensington Gardens. Should not be hard right? Wrong! So after a minor detour and getting kicked out of the Royal Palace Gardens... We made it here!



Kensington Palace! Where Diana lived, most of the gardens are dedicated to her. She was something here!





The Diana playground. Pirate ship and all! Joey not so thrilled about the sand! When I went to set her down she lifted her foot up and kept repeating, "i wear shoes, i wear shoes!" It was to die for!



Joey and I both really enjoyed the green grass! Joey just ran around and up and down this hill for about an hour! It is amazing to still be in this huge city but have acres and acres of green grass to play on!


On our way home we ran into this! The Hyde Park Chapel! It almost made me cry a little! We just stumbled in to it not looking at all, and felt a little pang of homesickness. I haven't felt it yet but after our hour there and hour back to church on Sunday, I missed Utah and having a church on every corner!




Then it was off to the EYE! Kev met us after work and we went up! to be honest it wasn't as much of a thrill as I wanted it to be but I got some great photos so I can't complain about that!






Outside....




Inside!





Joey was having a blast running around inside. Luckily there were only a couple of other people in our carriage so she had room to explore!







the Eye,
A little cooler to take pictures of than from!





So that is two more things to check off our list! We are on a roll!

10 comments:

PADA said...

Wow! Such beautiful photos. I'm glad that you got your fill of the "EYE" so you won't be compelled to go up again when we come. I love the family pictures - so cute. The one of you and Joey in the playground is the cutest ever. Of course, you kissing Kev is pretty good, too. Glad you are having such a great time. The Hyde Park Chapel is noted for it's great organ. You need to visit there some time.

Tommy and Teisha said...

Seriously you are just hitting every attraction in London-- but you never know when you'll be back so you mine as well.

*C said...

Amazing photos!! how great are all your travels!! I'm jealous! I'm glad you get to live it up while you're out there!! :)

dave&abby johnson family said...

I love the photos! It makes me feel like I am there with you! Well.....almost. You two girls are so cute! Glad you are having a good time!

Lanes said...

Okay, I just got all caught up. SO FUN! I love that you guys are getting out there and really exploring and good for Joey for being such a trooper. She will be ready for anything after this. The haircut looks fabulous and I am loving all the architecture pics of London. It's so beautiful. Give Jo a big kiss for us and tell her that Abby is thinking about her too. Love you guys!

team howey said...

Really, Jill, I feel like I won't need to see everything because I've seen it through all your pics. They look so FABULOUS. LOVE the family photos, and JoJo's new baby.

Stacy Richards said...

Gosh! Jo, looks so big, she is adorable. Miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

holy cow jilly. such a lovely city. those are the kinds of pictures you see in a magazine! ;) just lovely. i bet you miss having a church on every corner! i have to drive a half hour to go to church! how bout you?! miss you sweets.

Tyler and Emily said...

amazing pictures from the eye! It was fun hanging out with you guys and the queen today!

dhammatt said...

SOunds like you are not sitting around twiddling your thumbs! (Like me) I am so thrilled that you are braving the city on your own! What an amazing place to be!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed