Sunday

God Save The Queen!

Yesterday was Queen Elizabeth II official birthday! her real birthday is in April. To celebrate they do the Trooping of the Colours.

So we got all dolled up and went down to see..




Okay we didn't but a lot of other people did! I was in heaven watching all the ladies go by in their hats and the men in their tails and top hats. (they had tickets to sit in the stands) We just lined the Mall with the other commoners and watched the procession.

The toy solders. Okay that is what they look like to me.





The Queen herself! She really is an amazing lady. Up until a few years back she actually rode in side saddle not in a carriage. And she served in WWII driving trucks and as a mechanic. Pretty cool, I think.



Unfortunately I didn't get to see her! Kevin took the above picture. Joey started crying and needed a nappy change so I got pulled away right as she was about to come. I can't say I wasn't disappointed but Kev got a great shot of her so I feel okay about it!



After our time with her majesty, we walked down Strand. It is quite the street!
As you can see this church still shows the scars of WWII and the air raids over London.


Here are the Royal Courts where the Barristers still wear wigs!



And one of these buildings is an original Tudor not just a facade. I am pretty sure it is the one in the middle. It was Prince Phillips study. (I think prince phillip, but I am not really sure. either way it is really old!)




And what would a day be with out a quick stop at the park!
This one is right by our house and pretty fun! It was really crowded since it was Saturday. As we were leaving Kev says, nice effort by the parents to take their kids to the park today. I don't think there was a single nanny there!





Joey soaking and in her nappy, but still having so much fun and so cute!



IN OTHER DAYS.......


We went up to Highbury to the Arsenal stadiums, old and new!

Here is the old


And here is the new... anyone see a difference?


Kev doesn't get excited about much, but seeing the stadium where his favorite futbol club plays and finding out they play a game here before we leave was enough to make even him pose for a picture or two


Isn't he handsome!


The south bank. Where we were actually told if we do go there not to let anyone know that we did. But what can I say, I'm a rebel.

It was actually pretty fun. To see all the street performers line the way was pretty crazy, okay some the the people were pretty crazy! You would have to be to dress up and do this all day. But I guess he got a pound from me so he isn't doing to bad!



And we hit up the Aquarium while we were over there. I am going to be honest and say it doesn't compare to the one in Vegas! (weird I know)



But Joey loved it. She would go up to each tank look in, yell, than turn and say "more?"



But we hear the Aquarium in Barcelona, Spain is amazing. We will let you know after we go in a few weeks!

And last but not least. Joey's new favorite song. Book of Mormon stories. She is so funny. She goes on a kick where she LOVES one song and it is all she wants to sing and do all the actions to. At first it was "itsy bitsy spider", then, "there was a little house", then "popcorn popping on the Apricot Trees" now this. And once she is done with one she will not let you sing it again. So we figured we better document it while she still likes it, because it is pretty funny!

9 comments:

team howey said...

Oh! Love Joey! So adorable. How fun...I am so glad that you are living it up!

Lanes said...

I love the new blog look. And tell Joey that Emma loves that song too, it's her favorite although she is much too "cool" now to do the actions. By the way, how do you post so many pictures on one post. I can only do 5 through blogger, do you post them using something else?

Tyler and Emily said...

I just put my pictures up from the parade too. Too bad your blog is private or I would've just said 'see Jill's blog for great pictures from the day'. That video is adorable!!

PADA said...

Love your pictures. Almost as good as being there - but not quite. Joey, you are too cute. I can't wait until you sing "Book of Mormon Stories" for me. Love you guys

Tommy and Teisha said...

So I was trying to figure out if any of those people on the top were Kev and you really dressed up-- but then I kept reading. I am impressed with how active you guys are~ getting to everything over there!

kh said...

Thank you for your fantastic pics! I'm living vicariously thru you.
- Krissy

Tay and Teigan said...

Looks like ya'll are having a great time over there! London is the best, although I don't remember being crazy about the food. Hope you're liking it more than I did! And what adorable pictures of Joey. . . she is too cute!

Howeyhouse Happenings said...

B stands for Brenda. Thanks, Jill, for letting me see your London life. All the photos bring back such wonderful memories. I'm sure that you and Eryn will have so much fun. See and do as much as you can.

dhammatt said...

Livin' it up, girl! Way fun! thanks for sharing all the details that you are "pretty sure" about!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed