Sunday

Something to Cheer about!

Thing one.... Dressing herself! I told Jojo we needed to get dressed for the day and this is what she brought me and then put on by herself. I had to help with the shirt (Elmo, her favorite!) But she got the pants on herslef! Note, she is totally being naughty in this picture and touching the outlet when she knows she is not supposed to!!




Thing TWO!.... TOYS!! yeah for Auntie Kim! Ok my sister Eryn's husband Travis's sister Kim. I figure if Kay can call her auntie than Joey can too! Anyway she has been amazing since we have been here and she brought over three huge bags of toys for Joey to play with! Honestly it was a lifesaver. We didn't have room to pack any toys when we came over so Joey has been so bored the last two weeks. But that is no more! We have a doll house now and so many others, that I am bringing out in stages. Isn't the doll house adorable!





Thing Three.. A bus tour! Kevin's work arranged to take the new group of interns on a bus tour on Saturday. It was a really fun way to see the city. We have been taking the tube so we go underground and have no idea where anything is in relation to each other. So it was a nice way to get our bearings! Thanks Deloitte!


Joey started out really excited and happy! Then it got windy. Then she took a nap! It was great!


Burberry Head Quarters

They have the royal coat of arms, Queens on the Left, Prince of Wales on the right. Burberry has been supplying the royal family with outer wear since the 1940's.

Regent Street

Great shopping street! It leads the way to Oxford Street where there is even more great shopping! Did I come to the right city or what?


TOWER BRIDGE!

First bridge built in London. It is amazing! Kev saw a thing about bungee jumping off it! We are totally going to try it!



The ship in front is the HMS Belfast from WWII. You can tour it.







This is Piccadilly Circus, funny story... Joey and I took the tube down here the other day and actually went in the Gap on the corner, I had no idea where we were, turns out we were here! I thought it was funny when we came back on Saturday and I saw that it was Piccadilly Circus. See what I mean about my bearings!




And the Mall, not mall like shopping mall, mall like mallet. Didn't know that until our bus tour. Well this isn't exactly the mall, you pass it on your way to Buckingham Palace. it has something to do with horses. Anyway I liked the view, again my fave the EYE! Hope to be going this week!

Just to the right of this image is 10 Downing Street and the War Rooms. But after all the terrorist attacks you can no longer go to the Prime Minsters house. They ruin it for everyone!

We also when to the National Gallery which I thought was amazing and it was free. They had a lot of my favorite painting by William Turner, but sadly no pictures allowed in side. Oh and Joey did get in trouble for touching one of the paintings! My bad! But they should really keep things like that out of reach!

6 comments:

dave&abby johnson family said...

Looks like you are having such a wonderful time! What an amazing chapter in your life to remember! Well I am excited for you to come out here on the east coast (of the United states that is) then we can play!!

Craig said...

Fun, Jill! Keep up the reporting. Don't miss Burlington Arcade, my favorite shopping stretch. Not necessarily the shops, but the architecture and "ambiance". And don't forget to get a few "bespoke" suits for Kevin on Savile Row -- want to hear the report of him ordering a 2k lb. suit....love you all and happy you are having a wonderful time!

team howey said...

YEAH for Auntie Kim! I am still so excited about those toys! I am seriously thinking about taking that bus tour. While not my usual thing, such a fast and easy way to see everything! Now if only you can restrain me to the sightseeing and not the shopping! But with 2 babies in tow (right, Jen?) we probably won't have time to shop!

Jade and Michael said...

Okay. You have the CUTEST little girl - I love it little binkies in their mouths. So cute!

Tommy and Teisha said...

So Joey looks so old in those top pictures-- did you cut her bangs or something? She looks adorable!

Tyler and Emily said...

I keep coming back to look at that awesome panoramic- (hmmm..maybe that's not the word, but the really long) picture. Can't wait to hang out with the Queen on Saturday.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed