Monday

48 Hours

Jackson woke up Tuesday night at about 4 am with a fever. He has had a cold the last little while so I wasn't that surprised by a fever. Joey usually runs one when she gets a cold too. The major difference is I didn't think he was getting enough air, and was worried he had RSV. So I took him to the Doctor Wed afternoon. When we got there she told me I had to take him to the hospital and have the full work up done on him. Any fever in a newborn under sixty days they admit and treat for 48 hours! It was crazy hard watching them poke and prod my baby. They ran an IV, a catheter and even did a spinal tap to test for meningitis. Apparently any viral infection can turn in to a bacterial infection and get into the spinal fluid and turn in to meningitis.

I wasn't going to take pictures, I was way to upset but my mother in law said I would want to show him some day. So for the sake of journaling, here are some pictures.














Poor guy was so pumped full of fluids by the time we checked out on Friday he was so swollen he could barely open his eyes. But he did great and every test came back negative! We are home all is well. And I am very thankful!

11 comments:

Chelsea said...

oh that is horrible! I am glad he is home and doing better. There is nothing worse than having your baby in the hospital!!! He is SO cute by the way:)

Mommy McD said...

Wow, we've been there with braxton. It's way rough! I'm so sorry! Glad that everything is ok now though.

Jade and Michael said...

oh Jill! And poor baby Jackson. That must be so hard! I am glad that everything went well. I am nervous for those days of motherhood. Glad he is feeling better.

Rob Dog said...

Oh man!! What a scare!! It is so hard to watch your baby get poked so many times! I am glad all is well now though! Get some REST!!

Mieka said...

Thanks for inviting me to your blog. So sad that Jackson was sick. I hate it when little ones are sick. And Marge was right - you want to document this, as hard as it is for you.

Kari said...

So sad to see him with all the tubes and such. I'm so sorry you had to go through that but so happy it all turned out ok. Hope all is going well now that you're back home!

Stacy Richards said...

Poor little guy, he is so darn sweet. Im glad all the tests came back negative. Call me soon

Oliver Blog said...

That's too bad he had to go to the hospital. Good to hear he is doing good. I remember having to take Aaliyah to the hospital when she was only a few days old.

Jessica said...

I am so sorry. I had no idea that you guys were in the hospital that is the worst. We went through the exact same thing with Emmy. It is so hard. I am glad he is doing better. Hang in there it does get much better with two. I swear you are living my exact life.

Anonymous said...

phew, what a relief. I am glad all is well, Jeff said you were having a bit of a tough time, but that all was begining to get better.

Courtney said...

Poor little dude! I didn't realize you had to take him in for that. That's so hard to watch your baby get poked and prodded. We had to do some of that kind of stuff when Trey was about 8 months old. No fun.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed