Thursday

I'm A Big Girl Now!



The decision was made! No more nappies! I have been fighting with Joey over this for weeks! I would say lets have potty time and she would say No! I still wear nappies. I would say lets throw your nappies out and wear panties to which she would cry and hide all her nappies in her closet so I couldn't throw them away! So after much bribing.. to no avail. I decided to have the "nappy fairy" come to our house! I went in and took her nappies and replaced them with a new book, wrapped in cool wrapping paper (I wrapped one of her gifts in plain green paper and she said, mom last time it had bear wrapping paper, and didn't want to open the green one!) So the next morning I woke up to a very excited girl telling me there was a heart paper present in her closet! So I explained who it was from and said so now we are going to wear panties, she said okay and that was it! She stays dry through the night, tells me when she has to go and has had only one accident! She even used the potty in McDonalds her first day in panties! Now I just have to get over my fear of public restrooms!
My big girl! So proud!

5 comments:

Kari said...

Congrats! That is awesome!

team howey said...

Austin looked at the picture and said, "Mom, that is a comfy bed..." Nappies here traslates to sleep! GO JO! Great news on the potty training.

PADA said...

So, no more Nappies means she now sleeps in the big bed? That is two biggies. Way to go Joey!

Chelsea said...

YAAY that is wonderful! and public bathrooms are the worst! seriously the whole time I am saying..no..stop...don't touch..ahh..to one girl while the other is using the potty. Gross, but totally worth being potty trained, and cute fairy idea! :)

Jade and Michael said...

Good idea..! I am going to steal that when my little one is ready for big kid undies! You have such cute kids too!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed