Sunday

Summer... Well Sort of!

"Summer is here!" is what all the signs around town keep telling me, but for some reason I have yet to see it! It has been cloudy and rainy and since we didn't get to the beach in Spain all I have wanted was just a little sunshine to brighten my week! Hasn't happened so I decided I would bring summer myself!







Joey and I had a "drive inn" the other night. Okay not really because, 1 we don't have a car. and 2 we watched Nemo on my tiny computer screen but it was fun nonetheless! Kev had to work late so he missed out on the party! We missed you babe!
























Then it was off to the zoo! Well the living conservatory here in London! It was really cool! We saw all of it and that is saying something, it is huge!















Joey's favorite part was the slide! She begged to go on it, and by the third time down she was racing kids three times her size and leaving her dad in the dust! It was funny! "mark, set, go!" is what she would yell as she slid down the huge slide.







We then headed out of town to Brighton! "You all must go to Brighton.. That is the place to find husbands!" Pride and Prejudice, newest version.


We saw the Royal Pavilion and Place. The palace was built by King Henry IV and the whole thing is Chinese inspired. Dragons everywhere! Too bad you aren't aloud to take pictures inside, it was unlike any palace I have been in! Really funny and fitting to the place I thought.































The Pier was fun and I almost felt like I was on the Jersey shore! (ah, Ocean City..) Joey got to go on a ride and we got some donuts so all in all it worked out!






















Then it was time to get in the water! Just kidding! But Joey was really excited about getting to throw rocks and since the whole beach was made up of them, she never ran out! She did however make every one look for the biggest ones and throw the "high, in the sky."



















Searching for rocks to throw.. Hello thats all there is!































We went out with two other interns Kev has been working with. Rob and Jeanie. Rob lives right across the hall from us and Joey loves him! All day it was Rob this and Rob that! He is a good sport and plays with her. It must have been a real change of pace for them to come hang out with us. We are "old" and have a baby! But they are cool and it was fun!












The "cool" interns! There are only five total for this summer. Now I know Rob has his eyes closed but this it the only shot I got of just the three of them. They all sort of like work and are all ready to go home... Sounds about right to me!
































So happy with the day she even posed for some pictures! I love it when that happens! It was cold and we probably stayed too long but it was a good time and I am glad we went! I really wanted to go!



















































That is our taste of summer. I saw it is supposed to get up to 80 this week! I don't think I will get my hopes up though!

2 comments:

Lanes said...

I like the sound of 80. I hope it stays while we are there. Love the pictures.

Lanes said...

Actually, that last comment was from PADA on Lanie's computer.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed