Saturday

I see London, I see France... again!

So if you are wondering how we ended up in Paris this week instead of Spain... well the answer is "it is impossible!" repeated several times by a not so kind french man at the ticket counter.
We bought Euro Rail passes but unfortunately you can not reserve seats on the trains from London so we got on the Euro Star and got to Paris to find out that all the trains to Spain were booked and had been for some time and it was impossible to get out of Paris on a train until Monday. Well since our train going back to England didn't leave until Sunday we decided to try and make the best of it....



It was Frances National Independence Day on the 14th so the city was crazy! I mean everything was booked or taken or not available. We thought we could salvage the weekend by renting a car and going out to Normandy but there were no cars left. So we thought hey Euro Disney would be fun... booked solid! So we stayed at the Holiday in right by the train station and hopped a sight seeing bus!







These were taken with my point shoot camera. I left my "real" one in the hotel thinking I was just here.. what can I possibly take more pictures of? Oh just my adorable family! Bummer...



Isn't she cute?



I brought her home a light up Eiffel Tower from my trip last weekend and she loves it! She was not exactly impressed with the real one though!



She did however love the sand and the grass and the attention she got! Okay she was a little nervous, as she well should be. I have had people take her picture here on the street a few times but nothing like this! It was crazy! They swarmed in and honestly took over a hundred pictures of her and tried to get in them with her! It was so funny and a little much! Kev turns to me and asks "do you think they are going to let us leave?" It was all in good fun and Joey was a sport! I mean she is used to posing for the camera!







The city of love! Can't you tell?



By the end Joey had had enough! Oh and so had Kevin! Poor guy! He was so ready to go home and yet we couldn't exchange out tickets, we had to buy new ones! It was crazy how much this weekend cost us! Both financially and mentally! The good old U S of A was looking pretty good to us right about then! I guess it is like they say, you don't know what you have, till it is gone!



We did however get home in time to celebrate Kevin's 26th Birthday! Oh yeah! He was so happy to be back in England even if it was probably the coldest birthday he has ever had! So after our little vacation we weren't feeling too adventurous. We headed up to Angel and got some lunch at Tortilla!(missing Cafe Rio any one?) Found a plaza and played some futbol!



Then walking home we stumbled upon a community celebration. A mini fair with a parade, ride and real owls that you could hold! Joey loves owls and rides so it worked out! We came home had some cheescake and watched a movie! Not exactly the most exciting party but we are sure are glad he was born today! Love ya Kev!



Joey loved the rides! Kev made sure she was in the "bat mobile!" way cooler than the "Barbie" one! The funny thing is she had to hold down the lever on the side to go up in the air. She wasn't the least bit phased and rode that thing up in the air almost the entire time! Sorry about my voice, it is really annoying! It just hits me every now and then how big my baby is! Almost two! Wow!

4 comments:

dave&abby johnson family said...

Ok those pictures of Jowin in the little white dress are so adorable!! She is so cute!

Lindsay said...

Too funny. Makes me wish I would have taken video of the people in Hawaii who did that to my girls. Hilarious. those little blonde haired, fair skinned girl get all the attention. She was swarmed. :) And oh, how jealous I am of all the photo ops you're getting over there. What an adventure. hopefully you'll still make it to Spain. I hear it's awesome.

Chelsea said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEV! Sorry your trip didn't quite work out as planned... and YES I probably would have taken pictures of little Joey too- she looked SO adorable standing there!

Jade and Michael said...

Well that stinks! The pictures still look great!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed