Wednesday

Born In the USA, I was Born in the USA




We spent the 4th of July in Paris! If you ever want to feel really patriotic go to another country on your country's birthday and trust me, you will! We got to Paris on Friday night, got checked in to our hotel and set out for a little sight seeing, shopping and dinner! (the best way to start a trip!) We ended up at the Hard Rock Cafe, to pick up our Paris Passes and stayed for dinner. We figured it was the Fourth of July and they were playing Bruce Springsteen "Born in the USA"! I almost teared up listening to it!





The next morning we set out to see the Sights!
We went to the Louvre first.








of course being an art major, I could really appreciate the art!.. and the crowds!



Then it was lunch time, on the Tulleries!




And off to the Notre Dame! Which really was amazing! Everything in Paris is!









We stopped on the Seine for a photo op. By the end of the day my, Eryn's and Stephs mouth were so tired from smiling... and posing!








Napolean's Tomb! We made it just before they closed, and we were so glad we did!! by this time our feet were so tired and we were so thirsty we needed a rest. And this was the perfect place!





Think he is compensating?

And on to the Eiffel Tower! The one thing I really wanted to see and take some photos of! (more on my photo blog) Eryn and Steph were good sports while I took my time taking hundreds of pictures!






I would set my camera up on the grass and set the timer and run over, people kept asking if they could take the picture for us, I politely declined, if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself!







So in the end, I would say I would not be heading back to Paris anytime soon. The food was gross, the people were rude and the city was dirty! But we are going back today on our way to Barcelona so I will be back! I am glad I saw it and was even happier to be back in England where they speak English and often with a smile!

4 comments:

dave&abby johnson family said...

Wow amazing photos!! Glad you are having so much fun! Wish I were there!

PADA said...

I actually loved Paris, twice. But we were with French speakers both times. If you get out into the countryside it is much cleaner, more beautiful and the people are much nicer. The pictures are wonderful and how fun to be with your sister and friend.

MaryAnn said...

Geez girl! You seriously found your calling in life. I can't believe how awesome all of your photos are! I'm still wanting you to take pics of our little fam when you get home! Miss you tons!!

Lanes said...

Huh, not my experience.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed