Wednesday

Grown Ups!

So for the first time since Kev and I have been married we are actually buying our own furniture!!! Both being the youngest and both blessed with amazing families we haven't purchased a single furniture item! Not tables or chairs or couches or cribs... not even cars! So we have been growing up a little since we have been out here, and I got to say, I kind of like it!!




Kev actually picked out the couch! (I have to give credit) and it rocks! It is super comfortable and super easy to clean!! Joey already got some chocolate on it and I am pleased to say it came right out!



This is the view form our loft. Kev decorated the fire place and we bought our tv! See grown ups!

And we got a table! When we first got here we were sitting on camp chairs and a plastic table for dinner. I have to say this is a vast improvement! We got the table on craigslist for a screaming deal and painted it ourselves. I have to say I love how it turned out!!



Kev was a little nervous when I told him I wanted to pain the chairs all different colors but he didn't argue and went right a long and helped me do it, and now says he really likes it! There is no telling what a few cans of spray paint can do!



The walls are still a bit sparse and there are a few more things we will get with time. ie throw pillows, book case.. things like that. But it is coming together and starting to feel like home... whatever that feels like!!

13 comments:

MaryAnn said...

How cute is that! You are too funny. Grown-ups huh! I say grown-ups have kids and run around the world like you two do. I'm still a kid, and I've bought two freaking houses :o)

XOXO

Chelsea said...

good job grown ups:) ha ha that is funny, but I do LOVE LOVE your couches and I've always loved those prints hanging above it. Glad you are getting all settled!

ATT said...

gee...I wonder where kevin's spot on that couch will be, hmmm

Jade and Michael said...

I love it! Kinda fun being grown up huh?

PADA said...

Love the new drool couch. At least you don't have to fight with your brothers for your "spot." The photos look great over the sofa. Nice work on the table and chairs. Isn't fun to have a place to finally call home?

dave&abby johnson family said...

CUTE! Love your sofa! What a fabulous place you have!!

Youngs said...

Your place looks so great! I love your style. I really want those prints of the ocean, they are amazing!!!! I just finished spray painting my table and chairs. Mine did not turn out nearly as cute as yours. good job

team howey said...

Can't wait to come out and visit. Even though you're far away, it doesn't feel nearly as far as London.

April said...

We love your place! We had so much fun the other night... I think Callie's been fussy cause she misses her new best friend, JoJo! Our blog address is abcstromberg@blogspot.com.

cat said...

love the couch, and the chairs are super cute! i agree about spray paint, i can't get enough either.
jo's room is TOO sweet. i love the bed.

Tia and Cam said...

you are quite creative! it's looking awesome.. very clean too! we sure miss yall. congratulations on growing up... cam and i just need to get out of doug and debs for starters. i am excited to some day reach your level of independence :)

Tommy and Teisha said...

Wow you are so grown up-- almost have 2 kids and furniture! I really like the couch and table... you are so creative.

Dave and Miranda said...

I love your dining set makeover! We're big fans of craigslist as well...my chairs are all black, but all different styles. Amazing what a little bit of creativity does to a room!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed