Thursday

Small Fish in an even Bigger Pond

Well we are here! Safe and sound!
Here is a recap of how it went!
First we went to NYC and stayed with by brother Scotty for a few days. Kev and I had both been to New York before so we didn't really do to much touristy stuff. The coolest thing we did I don't have pictures of, which I still want to cry over, but we went out on Scott's motor boat at night and took a tour of the harbour. We rode over to the Statue of Liberty and saw it all light up at night, gorgeous! Then we went under the Brooklyn Bridge and up by the United Nations! It was so cool!


Anyway here we are at the SLC airport getting ready to leave. I am blocking most of our luggage, six backs in total stuffed full! which was quite ridiculous looking when you unload it all on a Manhattan sidewalk!


JoJo was great the whole flight she just watched Elmo on Kev's PSP and then the second we landed, this happened! She fell asleep on the floor sitting up. This was taken after we moved her to laying down! It was so funny!





What we did do in the Big Apple..
Central Park Zoo! REally fun!
With a really cool polar bear exhibit. (they are Kevs favorite!)


One of the many playgrounds in the park! Completely empty and perfect for us!



Underdog is always a favorite!







We seriously walked in circles in this place! The park is huge but really cool because you are in the city but don't really feel like you are in the city..




Thanks for the Webkin Ethan!!! She loves it! Carries it all over now!





Since we were so close and Joey was asleep in her stroller we went to the MET. We had both been before but I really wanted to see the photography section that I missed last time. So we got in and paid headed up and of course the exhibit was closed! I guess I will have to wait for Stieglitz a little longer!





Joey in front of Pablo Picasso, she really enjoyed the museum. especially the cafeteria and the modern art!




Grand Central Station. I had never been but seen all the famous photos of it. So we got some lunch and snapped some pics.




And visited the UN, another place I had not been to in Ny. Not much to see but good to go to. We need to be PC now that we are the immigrants!






And a short cab ride later we made it to JFK and got our bags checked. Only one came in over 50 pounds, pretty good considering they all were over weight when we left SLC!

The view from our flight over the Atlantic. That is two oceans we have crossed now! (not too shabby for a one year old!)
The flight was fine, we made a bed for JoJo on the floor and she slept most of the flight!




I would be lying if I said the Jet Lag hasn't gotten to us! It has big time. Poor Joey was such awesome sleeper back in the states but has yet to sleep through the night here. Hopefully we will all adjust to being 7 hours ahead of our usual time!




The first site we saw........
St. Paul's Cathedral
It is honestly a five minute walk down the street from us, if you go down the right streets that is! And it is amazing! We went inside and they were having mass. Interesting since it was our first. You can take a tour of the crypt and the nave which I think we will do. Christopher Wren (architect) it buried there, I read that on his tomb this is written, "if you require a memorial, look about you." (not a bad way to be remembered!)











And for the main event, USA vs ENGLAND soccer game! Which Kev attended! Don't worry he sat in the US section and the lost so hopefully there weren't too many fights. Although they has A LOT of riot police there!

Jowin and I took the tube up with him to Wembley (that is where the stadium is) and we went to Ikea, which as it turns out is great in the states but not worth the twenty minute walk here. and the 70 pence credit card fee and the 30 pence bag purchase so I could carry my items back on the tube and back home was not my cup of tea!






So that is about it for now, Kev had his first day of work this morning and Joey is finally take a nap in her cot aka crib!
Other than not being able to find a real supermarket and not sleeping at night, it is great! We live in a cool area, I read it is up and coming with architects and photographers! We are technically in "The City" which is the financial district of London. We haven't been over to the river or to Buckingham Palace, but you can see the London Eye from our balcony so that is cool! And we (Joey and I) are going to Oxford Street with Emily tomorrow! All in all..... All is pretty awesome!!

12 comments:

team howey said...

'Course I am talking to you right now, but still need to say LOVE IT! And yes, very very jealous and can't wait to join you. Now JOJO, go to sleep! :)

Stacy Richards said...

Jill! I miss you. It was good to hear from you on my blog. It looks like you are already having so much fun. Oh what an adventure!
Keep in touch. love ya

Tommy and Teisha said...

Man life must be crazy right now-- but it sounds exciting! I love London I went there for 2 weeks when I was younger and loved it! There is so much you will get to do~ Hope you adjust to everything soon.

dave&abby johnson family said...

Yeah, finally we hear from you! I have been wondering how you guys are! I am glad all is going well so far, you will have such a wonderful time, can't wait to see your pictures! Keep us posted!

Jade and Michael said...

such cute pictures! looks like you have a crazy/busy/exciting week! hope all is going well! enjoy and get some sleep!

Chelsea said...

seriously I can't believe you are really there! How fun for you guys I am so glad you are doing that:) You couldn't be an any cuter family!!!

PADA said...

I'm out of breath just hearing about all you are doing, but mostly wishing I were there to do it with you. You will have a blast in London. It is a great city and so much to do that 3 months won't seem nearly enough time. Miss you guys. Love you JOJO.

Tyler and Emily said...

Oh my gosh- you should've called me on your way home from King's Cross! I can't tell you how many times I've had to call people and had to be directed step by step home! It was so fun with you guys yesterday, see you next week.

Anonymous said...

ahhh, goodbye to jilly :( you shall be missed...i love your pics, as always. you got to do so many cool and fun things, i am glad you got to have lots of "american" moments before you left us!! I miss you already.

team howey said...

LOVE the new blog header. adorable.

Youngs said...

I have been checking daily for the London update. It sounds like you are doing great! How fun!

Lanes said...

Such a great recap. I love it! I also love the pink coat, I just have to say. I am going to get signed up on skype soon, I swear. Can't wait to keep hearing about your adventures. Love you guys.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed