Thursday

The Slog for Thanksgiving!

So for Thanksgiving we went to Seattle and Portland! Kev and I have been talking about it for a while. His sister Lanie lives in Portland and my sister Eryn just moved back to Seattle. So I was a little more than excited when Kev looked up one day and said how about we go to Seattle this weekend and Portland on Wedensday? Needless to say I jumped all over it. But I had to ask why would Kev have changed his mind about going? Well... The Chicago Bears were playing the Seahawks! So we loaded up our back and got Win a pack of 1000 stickers and fruit snacks and we were on our way!



The fam on the ferry from Seattle to Bainbridge Island



me and Tucker on the ferry! When Trav was in Dental school I went and lived with Eryn for a few months. Tucker was two and he was my man! It was the most fun I have ever had living in Seattle! I loved it! I think Tucker is my only roommate I never fought with!!



The woodland park zoo! Best Zoo ever! and Wins first time to a Zoo. She loved it! Grunted all her grunts at all the animals!



even when we got attacked by this lioness! It was awesome!



And ofcourse the Troll!! Don't worry that is a real Volkswagon bug under his hand! So Seattle!

And after a few shopping trips it was on to Portland! The drive is only supposed to take three hours, but for some reason the traffic is always so bad that it takes hours and hours to get there, hence the slog...Anyway I have never been to Portland and it is such a cool city! Of course I didn't take pictures of anything! Dumb me! Anyway Lanie made a delicious Thanksgiving Feast! It was so fun! Win LOVED her two girl cousins, everything is pink! She was in heaven!




It was a riot Abby(5) would put ALL the necklaces and bracelets and rings they owned on Win and she would come running out of the room to show us! It was so funny!



family picture time! I thought this one of the girls was so cute! They are best friends and Emma does everything Abby does! Sisters, gotta love em!

Thanks to our sisters for having us! We had a blast!

7 comments:

Dani said...

Sounds like fun! So nice that you're in driving distance to lots of family! I miss that! Win is as cute as ever!

The Bryger Family said...

What a fun thanksgiving! I love Portland, I keep trying to get Bryan to take me there but it never does seem to work out. Did you go to Pike's Marketplace in Seattle? It is one of my favorite places to go there. :)

Kasey

Tommy and Teisha said...

Your trip looks like tons of fun~ Did you go to the football game? You got to take Winn to the park in SLC it has become pretty nice. I realize that I graduated from the U but that does not make me a U fan. I went to 7 different colleges including BYU so I can claim any one of them.

I know the books were pretty good-- I knew you would like them. I read Cross and I am now reading Double Cross-- It is good! Here are some good books that I love 1776, The Nine by Toobin, Warrior and Witch-- I just bought Masquerade and am going to read it after Double Cross so I will let you know if it is good.

Tommy and Teisha said...

I meant the zoo in Salt Lake not the park-- and I meant the Bear football game. Man I am unclear sometimes.

team howey said...

what's a vlokswagon bun? Oh, you mean a volkswagon bug. Kay said to me (about this picture), "Mom, i didn't notice he has one eye open." She now claims she wasn't scared of it, but we all know it scared the pee out of her! heehee.

Thanks for coming, Jilly! Loved it!

PADA said...

It looks like you all had a great time. Thanks for sharing the trip via script and pictures. I can't wait to go to Portland too, in about 6 months. Did I ever tell you that there is the best fabric store in the world there? How would I know that? I went there once with a bunch of quilters and I didn't know if we would ever get out of there. Jo looks right at home with her cousins.

Lanes said...

It was SO much fun to have you guys here and thank you thank you for coming. Abby and Emma have been talking about Jowin ever since you left (and you guys :) They keep asking if she can come in the "fort" with them that they try to reconstruct but it isn't the same without the air mattress or Uncle Kevy to put it up for them. We miss you guys already and can't wait to see you in a few weeks. I love that last pic of the girls, so cute!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed