Thursday

Bonjour Butterfly

Word on the street is that the Butterfly exhibit is free on Tuesday, so AFTER playgroup we loaded all five kids in the car and headed in to the metro area to the Natural History Museum! It is one of Joeys favorites and it is so funny because she went through the list of all the people who have gone with us there! (you know who you are!)

First off to the Elephant, that the giant squid, than the mammals, than the butterflys!

I of course forgot my real camera so these babies we shot on my iphone, while holding a 11 months old....little blurry, but still cute!

The kids were very uncertain of the butterflies and I am not actually sure they really saw any, but it was fun and cool to see for the adults!

Luckily for us the museum was pretty empty so we had free rein! The kids were great, and even though I am sure we looked like a quite a scene, it was fun and totally worth it!

Except! I did not get my whale cookie which was a BIG bummer but all the kids got a chomping T-rex, so all in all I would say it was worth the effort! Next time we are headed to the American right Sarah? :)

6 comments:

dhammatt said...

I can't believe you forgot your camera! I thought we'd have to surgically remove the thing when you die!! :) I totally want to go there!

Jade and Michael said...

How fun! I can't wait for play dates like that!

Craig said...

How fun, but how about inviting us? We spent a lot of time there with our kids, but I don't remember the butterflies. But then that was many neurons in the past. Joey appears to have grown a foot. Hope we can see you after the snow melts in June. Why don't you post a vid of Jackson walking around?

Mommy McD said...

If it's me Sarah, then yes. We need a trip out with you guys.
If it's not me Sarah, then you'll just have to make two trips. :)

mindy said...

How fun! It's always nice to do outings like that. I didn't even recognize Sarah's kids.

Sarah said...

RIGHT. You forgot to mention the RAD T-rex dinosaur heads we got for the kids, that are amazingly not broken yet. Good times

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed