Friday

Roughin It!

Kev and I really wanted to go camping for Memorial Day weekend! But camping here in VA isn't the same as camping in UT. So after much talk we decided not to for go the 3 hour car ride and the crowded campsite and go in our friends backyard! We decided to call it a trial run for when we really do go!





It was really fun! Joey and Sydney had a blast! The whole tent thing was so exciting for them! And of course Jackson and Brooklyn just hung out in their bouncy seats watching it all go down!





As it started to get dark Joey was so tired but it took a while for her to wind down enough to fall asleep. Of course it also could have been the sugar rush from the smores we had, hot out of the oven!



Of course we really missed the camp fire and instead the girls played with one the apps on Kevs iphone!



And yes by morning we were all squished on the air mattress! But all in all I would call it a successful trial run!


Saturday the pool opened! I thought Jo might have some reservations about the freezing cold water, but I was wrong! She jumped right in and had a blast!



Jackson of course the little trooper! I mean come on how cute is he! He slept the whole time!



Sydney came too which made it that much more fun for Jo and for me, so I had an excuse to stay out of the cold water with her!



But I am happy to report we have been back several times and I have gotten in and swam with Joey everytime.. I must really love her because I really don't like cold water!
Thanks Bunkers we had an awesome time!!

9 comments:

mindy said...

What a great idea--no driving. I'm impressed that you didnt' just sleep with the babies inside, while the dads were out with the girls!

Kevin does smores all the time in the microwave--very fun.

And I'm with you on the cold water thing. But good for you to get in with her this week! I have not been so nice.

Rob Dog said...

How fun!! That first picture of the girls, Joey looks EXACTLY like you!! Crazy!! I love that you made the girls play with the fire on the phone!! He he he! But I say that is the best of both worlds! They can see it, but don't have to worry about burns and your hair does not smell like it forever!!
I wish Hayden was as brave as Joey!! He is being such a chicken about cold water!! It is pushing my buttons a bit cause I love the water (granted it has only been in the little kid pool in Wendy's back yard filled with HOSE water!!) But still!! :) Hopefully the big pool will go better!! :)

Tommy and Teisha said...

Looks like my kind of camping trip... a shower and sink just a step away.

Our pool has opened too but I am not sure anyone wants to see my in a bathing suit right now.

PADA said...

I love the camping outfits - tutus -how cute. It looks like a blast. We had lots of those backyard camp outs
when our kids were little. What great memories you are making. Wouldn't it be nice if we could sleep like Jackson when we sleep out?

Way to brave the cold water. I am sure it will feel great when the weather gets hotter.

team howey said...

FUN. I wish we had a pool.

Lanes said...

Is that the pool at your apts? How nice! You guys will love that this summer. We have been at the pool everyday this week and the girls are in heaven. Love the campout - Joey looks like she's ready to roll in the mud in her dress :)

Stacy Richards said...

I love your new opener! Love it! How are you? I need you to call me because i have a new phone and i couldn't keep my contacts. I am so excited for you to come to utah, I miss you. You kids are perfect!

Jessica said...

What a fun idea. Joey and Sydney are so darling together. I bet they had a great time and loved every minute. We will have to try that with our girls. That is my kind of camping. :) We miss you guys.

Courtney said...

That camping trip looks like so much fun! I'm not huge into camping but I think I could camp outside of a house. :)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed