Saturday

Say Good Bye!

It finally happened! We are now binky free people! Joey has been so attached to her purple binky for the last few months! It has been a major battle for too long, she has it in all day long, on the couch, in the loft, in the car! I tell you it is a slippery slope. So the other day I took matters into my own hands and snipped the top right off! I went to give it to her and she took it, took it out, looked at it and said "what happened? Its broken!" To which I replied I know sis, I'm sorry but that is what happens when things get old. She has had it for two years! So she just sort of played with it for a while. Kept saying we needed to fix it. And today she threw it away! It was broken and she didn't want it anymore. I have to say as a mom, I think it was harder for me than it was for her! But I sure am glad I don't have to listen to her talk with it in her mouth or hear the words "I need my purple binky" again! It's broken, its gone. She is that much closer to "getting bigger just like Ethie!" Way to go Joey! And mommy! :)

9 comments:

Tyler and Emily said...

oh my, oh my- Jackson is so precious. I LOVE that one of his face, he is such a beautiful baby. And yay for Joey!!

PADA said...

Joey! You are growing up. I am proud of you and of Mommy! Way to go. Bye! Bye! Binkie!

team howey said...

YAY for Jilly! Super duper proud of you! YAYAYAY!

Rob Dog said...

NICE!! that's a good idea!! I am gonna have to remember it! We are binky people around here as well!

ATT said...

what a milestone, almost like taking a first step...sometimes more difficult. Way to go Joey!

dave&abby johnson family said...

Sweet! Good for you! I am dreading that day! And may I say your little Jackson is so dang cute!!!

Anonymous said...

great idea!!! adalynn gave up on the binkie at 6 months, by herself, so i am glad i didn't have to take it from her...i love it that you cut it off!!! haha that made me laugh!!!

Jade and Michael said...

How exciting! (Except I think it is so cute with little kids and binkies!) You are such a great mom!

Sydney said...

Wow, was it the same binky for two years? I'm amazed it wasn't lost! I can't remember how my sister got my nephew to stop using his binky but the day it's gone is always rejoiced. :)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed