Wednesday

"I am Iron Man"

We brought Jackson home from the hospital on Wed and went in for his check up on Friday. At his check up the dr told us that he was down almost a pound from his birth weight and he was jaundice. Big time. So we spent the weekend taking him back and forth from the hospital for bilirubin tests and on photo therapy. But I am happy to say that on Monday (my birthday!) his count had gone way down and we could stop using the "blanket"!



We went back to the dr on Tuesday and he is doing great! He has gained 8 ounces and should be back to his birth weight by next week! :)



I love his face in this one! I call it his Scotty look (my older brother) because I think it looks just like him! That or a little old man!



He has lovingly been given a few nick names, Iron Man and Blue light Special.
I am just glad he is okay, and portable again, oh and most importantly eating!!!

7 comments:

PADA said...

That is the first time I have seen him with his eyes open. Whew! so glad he is better. And eating!

Craig said...

We are all grateful that he is doing better -- good job you three!

team howey said...

channelling Benjamin Button...all babies look like little old people. I used to think K looked just like grandma because she looked blind. remember? I love how strong he is getting (but still so so tiny)!

Anonymous said...

that is so precious Jill. I am so happy for you. It's sure wonderful being a mother. Miss you hun, you sure have a lovely family.

Rob Dog said...

SO cute!! I love the little old man look! He is tiny!!! Guess you dont have the gigantic head gene in your family like we apparently do!! :) We had to do those darn lights too!! kind of sad I thought! But glad he is on the mend! pooping the yellow right out i bet!? :) How is the tail bone eh?

Lanes said...

I've never seen the photo therapy before. I'm so glad he's doing better. I hope we get to see the little guy before he's 5! Love you guys!

Tommy and Teisha said...

I am glad he is okay-- it is crazy how many things can happen when a baby is born, so much to worry about.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed