Tuesday

New York, New York!!!

So we had the best Thanksgiving this year! Granted it took us ten hours to go 200 miles but it was worth it in the end! We went to my brothers place in NYC! Growing up I always loved watching the Macys day parade on tv and this year we got to see it live! It was so fun! We just walked out my brothers door basically went across the street and waited! It was awesome! Joey loved the big balloons and we got to see Hannah Montana and David Archuleta... it was fun!

The beginning

Sesame Street, Joey went nuts over that one!

Watching from Daddys shoulders, which we aching by the time the parade was over, but she didn't complain once! and it was pretty crowded!

Kermmy!! So Joey loves Kermit! Kev can take full credit for that one. I think she is the only two year old who loves to watch the muppet show and knows who John Denver is!

Horton, he was the new addition this year.

And then Santa!! It was funny because the parade got really slow there in the middle, I mean boring slow and then all the sudden it was like they were running and Santa came zooming by! Kind of bummer and I really don't know why he was on that golden goose...

Times Square! This was right after Santa passed, it got crazy, new yorkers...!


Then it was back to Scott's for the feast! My brother really went to an effort to make it nice, he went out and bought dishes and everything!! He kept mocking this table clothe he had so I of course documented it!.. it wasn't that bad!

And the food! I am not one to take pictures of food, but I was so proud of our meal! My brothers did a lot of the work even! Scott got the turkey ready and Ty helped make the salads! I know! It was so delicious! Thank goodness we ordered online!!



Friday it was off to see Santa! The real Santa at Macys! It was so crazy and so crowded but so worth it! Not only did we get to see Santa but I got to see my friend Steph and her family! Steph came out to London and went to Paris with me and Eryn! It was so fun to see her even if it was complete madness! (sorry Blake! :)

The line to see Santa actually moved really fast and you got to walk through a wonder land! Joey was lovin it!

But once we got to Santa she wanted nothing to do with it. It was a bummer too because she was all prepared to tell Santa she wanted a drum for Christmas! I have the feeling he will get it for her anyway!



And to top off our wonderful New York at Christmas experience we went ice skating in Central Park!! Of course it was crowded and I know this isn't the best pic of us, but it was SO FUN! Once in a life time! (or once every year if Scott has us back!)

Joey loved loved loved it! I know I say that a lot but really she did! She was just cracking up and asking to go faster! Kev was so good at taking her around, it hurt my back too bad to do it!

Look how cute she is in her skates! They were about 4 sizes to big but not once did she complain! My girl is quite the athlete!

And here we all are! Well I am taking the pic but you know. Joey, Ty, Olivia (ty's girlfriend) Scott and Kevy! What a good lookin group!

Thanks so much Scotty for letting us come and take over your awesome house! It is the best location for all thing New York! We did everything on my list and started the season off right! Now we are off to Seattle for more Christmas fun!
I love the Holidays!!

11 comments:

team howey said...

Looks like so much fun! Glad you put up lots of pics...makes me feel like I was there - almost. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!!!!

MaryAnn said...

OH YEAH! I almost *almost* can see a belly shot when your sitting on Santa's lap. Your such a cute pregnant girl, I hate you for that. If I ever get there I know I'll hate you even more :o)

Love you tonS!

dave&abby johnson family said...

Wow, lucky! That looks like so much fun! Glad you had a great time, and your little belly is too cute!

Tommy and Teisha said...

I myself was looking for a belly shot-- that looked like an awesome Thanksgiving-- Jo is getting to see so much in her young age.

Lindsay said...

It may just be the angle of the picture, but the Santa you went to visit looks a tiny bit scary. Maybe that's why Joey wouldn't sit on his lap.
And I'm quite positive you're not supposed to ice skate when you're pregnant. . . ;) You must be really good and not worried at all about your legs flying out from under you and landing straight on your back (or even worse, your belly).
Looks like tons of fun.

Jade and Michael said...

It looks like you had a great time! That is so nice that he is in NYC - especially for Thanksgiving! You look so cute - when are you due?

Anonymous said...

You have the most fun life! Reading your blog is so fun!

dhammatt said...

I am definately coming next year! I am regretting not making the very long - extra short trip!! Why is everything you do "Way Fun"?? Read my blog, I complain all the time. It just keeps it real. Ha HA!!

Stacy Richards said...

Your tummy is so cute! How are you feeling? It seems like yo are having so much fun, Im happy for you. I miss you.

Anonymous said...

awesome! how much fun was that?! You are finally showing! jeesh! What are you going to name him? miss you!
jo

val said...

wow you guys are all over the world! how cool. i loved going through your old posts and seeing all the cool places you've been.
congrats on baby #2 coming soon. exciting. you're fam is as cute as ever. keep up the great photography.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed