Tuesday

What can I say?

It's hard to think of something adequate to say about a woman who has had such an amazing impact on my life. Not that I would consider myself as ever being lost, but it wasn't until I found her that I really found out who I am and what life is really supposed to be about. If I rack my brain I can't come up with any accomplishments or acts on my part that qualify me to be as lucky as I have been these last 1,737 days since I was sealed to Jill for time and all eternity. Not everyday has been great and somedays I wish I didn't ever have to wake up, but the reality is that none of that has to do with Jill, it's all me. When I step back and look at the amazing life she has created for me and the most beautiful children a father could dream of (most days anway), I realize that there's just nothing else the world has to offer that is better than what I already have.

I love you Jill, and today of all days is one that I cherish above all others. Happy birthday, I hope to someday make you realize how glad I am that you were born and somehow landed in my life. I'm sorry you weren't as lucky as I was, but at least you have the kids to make up for when I fall short.

7 comments:

Mommy McD said...

Wow.

MaryAnn said...

That almost made me cry! You two are a fabulous couple and fabulous parents. Happy Birthday Jilly. I think your just as lucky as Kev is! XOXO

PADA said...

Jill is truly wonderful and we are also so happy that you found her and brought her into our lives. Thanks Jill for the impact that you have had on Kevin. We agree with him - you are the best thing that has ever happened to him. (However, we think that he was pretty wonderful from day one) You are the daughter-in-law that we prayed for and the Lord blessed us with. Happy Birthday. We love you.
Kevin, you are quite right about the kids - they are the greatest!

April said...

that was awesome. You two are great! Hope your birthday was wonderful Jill!!

Stacy Richards said...

I agree, he's pretty darn lucky. Happy Birthday Jill! I miss you, and Im sad I couldn't take you to lunch for your birthday. Call me! We have lots of catching up to do. I miss the time when I got to see you most days. I hope you had a good birthday.
P.S. You're pretty lucky to.

Lanes said...

Awww Kevy, that was so sweet. Happy Birthday Jill! We love you so so much and are so glad you are in our family. You are not only the wife Kevin prayed for but also a sister that I prayed for as well. We sure wish we got to see you more. Love you and hope you had a great day!

Jodi said...

Wow! Kev really knows how to score points! Impressive!:) You guys do have a great family. Picture perfect--all of you.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed