Sunday

3!3!3! She's 3!


Secret Garden Party
Saturday August 29, 2009
10 am
Bles Park
(turns out August 29th in VA is HOT!)

She is three! My baby girl is three years old! Wow! What a day! I wanted to make it a good one since we didn't get to go to New York and celebrate with Kay Kay, I figured we would throw a big party! Joey came up with the guest list, inviting a mere 15 kids! All named by her mind you! Than after the invitations went out she came to me and said "I know mom. we can have my party at the fountains!" And you know what we should have! It was so hot and so humid that the cake melted the bugs were out in full force and really it was so muggy all the kids were uncomfortable, not to mention the parents!

However we carried on, thinking it was going to rain any minute (it would have been a nice cool off, but no) We did a scavenger hunt to find the secret garden!

We set up the party off the path by the river, which Joey was nervous that one of her friends would "drain" Yes I need to be more careful about what I say! The secret garden where we decorated masks, ate cake, and opened presents!

Like I said it was hot and with 13 little kids a little chaotic, so I don't know who cared or who got a masked colored but I made them all so they decorated them if only for a few minutes!

The cake was made with love, but melted fast in the heat! All the kids thought the lollies were popsicles because they were dripping from the humidity! Joey was excited though to blow out the candles and eat her chocolate cake that she picked out!

Joey posing with her friends! She really was excited to see every one who came and I think gave them all a hug at least once! She loves her friends!

And the real fun was opening presents! All the kids just wanted cake and presents they could have cared less about crafts and games! Kids after my own heart! So we got to the goods and it was fun!


I love how three year old open gifts, Jo would tear one open, get swarmed, forget what she had just opened, move to another one in another spot, to be swarmed and than get up and move again! It was funny and cute and she loved it!



She got some great stuff! Thanks to all her friends! Her mom and dad even pulled out the big guns and got her the scooter she has been asking for since April! If you know Jo she forgets very little and for the past 5 months has remembered that she asked for a pink scooter for her birthday and that is what she got!


She had such a great day! She was so excited to see friends, wear her new party dress and get all kinds of new things! One thing about Joey that I think is so funny is she always asks why she is getting something, like if I get her some new toy or shirt she always asks why she got it. But not on her birthday she knew it was a big day and a day to celebrate the day she was born! And I am glad she felt special and loved because she is and I really love her! Even if I had to go through 23 hours of labor and three hours of pushing to get her here, she is worth it and I love every minute I get with her!



Thanks to everyone who came and called and sent her love! She knew it was a special day and loved every minute of it! She woke up this morning and asked Kev how long until she turns 4!!! So I guess the count down is on! 364 days?? Not too long right?

10 comments:

The Bunker Family said...

It was a great party! I'm glad Joey had fun with her friends at the party - she didn't seem bothered by the heat at all and that is what is important!

Tommy and Teisha said...

Oh my goodness I can't believe she is already that old. Preschool? Or are you waiting?

Anonymous said...

wonderful. time flies. addy will be three in october...we are of course going to do a tinerbell party. that's all she's talked about for 6 months! silly kids. Joey's all grown up! Fun to watch her over these last three years.

Jade and Michael said...

How cute and fun! Love love love the invitations! Happy birthday to Joey! You guys are great parents!

Rob Dog said...

Oh that is a girl after our own birthday lovin hearts!! You are so great to go to all that work!! I cant believe the cake melted!!! Who would have thought!! great pictures and what a cool idea! I love you did the secret garden!!

dave&abby johnson family said...

Oh my cutest party and invitation ever!!! You are so talented and creative! Happy Birthday t your sweet little JoJO!

Mommy McD said...

Lol, Braxton has wanted "bendaroos" since his last birthday. 9 months and he still hasn't forgotten about them.

Jodi said...

Cute! Happy Birthday Joey! Where was the secret garden? It looks like a great place!

mindy said...

How cute! What a great mom you are to go all out. I'm way too much of a dud to do fun stuff like that. She'll remember that for a long time. Looks like a lot of fun!

team howey said...

I love this idea! Borrowing it for next year.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed