Wednesday

Assa What?

Assateague Island State Park that is what! Oh yeah! It was so fun! We wanted to go to the beach for Kev's birthday but I could not find a hotel room for the life of me....so we camped instead! Which was great because you are right on the beach and there are no crowds!

No real surprise, Joey LOVED the water!

Kev took her out really far and I could just hear her laughing and laughing! When they came back in she told me "the big waves were making me laugh!" and she was right they were!

Playing in the sand! So excited! Last time we went to the beach she was 10 months and ate it! Not eating this time, just building sand castles!

Jackson of course had a good old time! It was so bright he couldn't open his eyes! But he could still smile!

I was so glad we brought an umbrella, Kev and I both got fried but the kids didn't and that is all that matters.

This is what Jaxy did most of the time! Slept! Thanks again for the swing bunkers and riches :)

Oh and there were horses! they just come in your camp check things out. No big deal. It was really strange, but it is a state park. I thought it was cool, you can tell from the picture. Until the next morning when I almost stepped in their poop. That was a real downside!

The kids did great! Jo even asked to go to bed! That never happens! It was nice and windy the second night and pretty hard to sleep so we broke camp pretty early.

The birthday boy himself! Happy birthday Kev! Back to your roots. Kevin's first like four birthdays we spent on the beach! So I figured we should keep up the tradition! So happy birthday! I love you! I miss you!

The end.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha! how fun is that?! of course jo loves the beach! she's all Frisby! I love your blog Jilly! hugs n loves

Jodi said...

Love your beach pictures. Jackson's smile with his eyes closed is priceless!

mindy said...

we've never made it up there, but hope to some day. looks like a lot of fun. i guess you're welcome for the swing. glad it helped out another beachy family!

PADA said...

Nostalgia!!! There is nothing that makes me happier than the beach, the surf and the sun. So glad you a good time.

Tommy and Teisha said...

Looks like a pretty great birthday... so I take it you are no longer in SLC. I wish we could have got together. It sucks your parents moved up to Logan cause you are so far away when you come in town.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed