Monday

One Hundred and Three!!

This last week we went to my Grandads 103rd birthday! That is right! He is my dads dad and he is one amazing man! I guess you could say that his age is finally catching up with him. But up until about a year or two ago he could still mow his lawn and still have a really firm handshake!




He and my grandma were married for over seventy five years! The funny story is that they went to stop their friends from eloping and ended up being the ones to get married instead! When My grandma went home her dad told her she had made her bed and now she had to sleep in it. Which she did for 75 years!






This last one might be my favorite. My brother Jeff and my Granddad.

I guess you could say we come from pretty good genes! Thank goodness for grandparents! I love mine and you should see how much Joey loves hers!!

6 comments:

cat said...

LOVE these pictures. i have had the privilege to have shaken his hand and it IS a firm handshake. welcome back (again) to the good ol' USofA.

dave&abby johnson family said...

That is so awesome! Those pictures of your grandpa are so neat. Happy birthday to him!

Tommy and Teisha said...

That is way exciting-- my great grandpa lived to be a 103 too! Don't worry I forgive you for being a lame brain... I got off work later then I thought I would so I felt bad I was calling so late anyways. Let me know when you can do something again.

Jade and Michael said...

that is so sweet. amazing he is 103! how are you feeling?

PADA said...

That is beautiful and so sweet.

Anonymous said...

that made me cry. Family is so special. My granddad died at 78. Consider yourself lucky to have a man in your life that has seen it all! Jeff looks good...and proud to be next to his granddad. Super neat Jill! Beautifully captured moments.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed